Two mechanical engineers, who work in shipyards and in industrial optimisation joined forces with an IT engineer. Throw in an accountant turned web designer and the entire crew is ready to sail.
For want of a better solution, we had each developed our own Excel spreadsheets to track the maintenance of our respective boats. And that’s how the idea came about… To provide all boaters with a simple and effective tool to ensure that they can sail with confidence, knowing that their boat is well maintained.
With the Ready4Sea application, everyone will be able to have their boat maintenance schedule with them at all times, on their smartphone.
The navigation area
We are based in Southern Brittany, between the ports of Concarneau and Le Bono, each just a few hundred metres from the water, and smack in the middle of the French Atlantic coastline.
However, the application is in no way limited by geography, as it can be used anywhere, and eventually offline for those who are away from the Internet.
- 2008-2017 : Round the world voyage aboard Fleur de Sel :
63’000 miles, 13 coats of antifouling, 4’200 engine hours and 2’800 meters of sail thread!
- 2018-2019 : Sabbatical year on board Enigma
- 2019-2020 : First research, ideas, mock-ups, surveys, etc.
- Fall 2021 : Team constitution, first tests and developments
- January 2022 : Opening of pre-enrolment for the beta version
- June 2022 : First version of the app (closed tests)
- November 2022 : First public beta version of the app
- May 2023 : Launch of the official version !
All hands on deck!
To receive our monthly newsletter, simply subscribe below.